How do I use the Lakemaster features?
1. Go to the main menu by pressing ‘menu’ twice.
2. Use the cursor control button to slide over to the Chart Tab. (Hint: When the Chart Tab is highlighted, press the ‘up’ arrow for a short cut to the bottom of the list)
3. Look at Chart Select on the Chart drop down list to be sure you are choosing the slot that has the LM card in it. If you don’t have a 2nd card inserted, it should automatically choose the correct slot. The LakeMaster map will not display when “Uni-Map” is selected.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the Chart Drop Down list to locate the LakeMaster Chart Functions.
5. The exclusive patented features below should now be displayed:
- Depth Colors
- Depth Highlight
- Depth Highlight Range
- Water Level Offset
- Shallow Water Highlight
- Lake List
NOTE: If these features are not visible, your card has not loaded into your GPS unit.
6. Highlight any lake on the Lake List, press the right cursor key arrow, and that lake will appear on screen. If you are already located at a lake with LakeMaster coverage, and getting satellite reception, that map should already be on your chart screen.
7. Alternatively, you can move around the map using the cursor control arrows to locate your destination. You will move ‘faster’ the more you are zoomed out.
8. Notice the zoom level scale on screen, usually at the left side. You will see the chart data at the ‘1sm’ (1 statute mile) zoom level. As you press the ‘+’ zoom-in button the map will show more data.