Humminbird's 788ci HD, 788ci HD DI, 798ci HD SI, 858c, 858c HD, 858c DI, 858c HD DI, 859ci HD, 859ci HD DI, 859ci HD XD, 898c SI, 898c HD SI, 899ci SI, 958c, 958c HD, 958c DI, 958c HD DI, 959ci HD, 959ci HD DI, 959ci HD XD, 998c SI, 998c HD SI, 999ci HD SI, 1157, 1158, 1159ci HD, 1159ci HD DI, 1197c SI, 1198c SI, 1199ci HD SI along with our new ONIX and ION Series products will all support this feature.
Connecting an AIS to a Humminbird Unit with external GPS
If your AIS ships with a pigtail connection, you can connect your Humminbird control head to it via the AS HHPGS
1. Check the AIS installation guide to find the transmit, receive and ground wire colors
2. Connect the wires on the AIS pigtail to the AS HHGPS according to the below chart.
3. Heat shrink or tape the connections
4. Heat shrink or tape the AS HHGPS red wire.
5. Connect the AS HHGPS cable to the Humminbird unit at the RS232 port.